Business coaching is a creative relationship between the coach and the client (or a team) that focuses on the alignment of the organization’s objectives and goals of individuals or team, improving performance or achieving goals. Business coach can work with individuals or teams to achieve objectives. The aim of business coaching is to achieve measurable results, which are defined at the beginning of a coaching project.
- assistance to individuals or teams in setting measurable goals
- assists in setting the strategy for achieving the goals
- support in overcoming the barriers to achieving your goal.
- structured way of asking questions that direct the client to the solution
- coaching techniques that are commonly used to raise the motivation and acquire additional insight regarding the assignment or project on which client or team works.
Through their own insights and observations of the coach, individuals become more aware of their own strengths and develop strategies and plans for achieving the objective. The role of a coach is to be neutral and objective strategic partner on “project to achieve the agreed objective”. Business coaching is the most appropriate development tool in the following business situations:
- alignment of client’s individual development with organizational changes
- support in developing corporate leaders
- support in achieving specific business or development objectives, support of teams and individuals
- support in development of organizations and teams.
The trust is a core value of quality coaching relationship. All business coaching conversations remain between the individual and the coach to build a true partnership. Coaches are required to keep the content of each session for themself. This level of confidentiality between the coach and the client make them achieve a strong relationship and alliance that serves to support the client in the way of his goals. The client is free to share parts of the session with a manager, team, family or other people.
- Entrance conversation – which would be attended by the client, HR person or manager and coach. The goal of the conversation is to precisely define the area of work, the criteria for measuring results and determine the presence of the customer’s emotional consent for work to achieve the set objective and whether coaching is the best method for this.
- Assessment of the communication style, competence or team climate depending the topic of coaching – Before the begin of coaching of project it’s useful to establish criteria for measuring progress. The appropriate assessment is choosen by coach and manager or person from HR.
- Coaching Session – duration of coaching project is determined according to the needs of the client.
- Extra time – Client is welcome to make a phone call between two sessions if something comes up, if he faces some challenge or wants to share some success. The role of a coach is to support the client in achieving the set goals so all communication that is directed towards achieving the set goals is welcome.
Team coaching is a process of supporting the team in achieving its objectives. It allows team members to achieve the best performance with the assistance of a coach. The essence of team coaching is to enable personal development and learning of individuals within the team. As well as individual coaching, team coaching involves some kind of assessment. Team coaching focuses on the development of individuals who are already working together or are going to work together for a long time. Application areas of team coaching are:
- work on the creation of team goals, achieving them and setting new goals
- work on personal and professional development of team members
- overcoming conflicts within the team and building team spirit
- ability to change the attitude and perspective
- increasing emotional intelligence of the team
- achieve measurable results (such as setting individual and team goals, increase productivity, improve internal and external communication, improving self-esteem, etc).
Business coaching provides results visible to the managers and employees also. Coaching for managers embraces the principles of sports coaching, but instead of focusing on the competition, this coaching is focused on helping individuals to give “exactly what is needed” in order to improve existing capabilities, set significant goals and be responsible for their results. Coach helps individuals and teams to identify, understand and eliminate barriers to act more effectively. Results of business coaching may include improving work performance and attitude towards work, better teamwork, and reduced number of conflicts. When coaching leads to better alignment between personal and organizational values and goals, the result often involves increasing job satisfaction and commitment to the organization.
Atria Group’s strategy for the development of coaching focused on the result has tree parts:
- provide training and coaching tools to incorporate into their daily professional activities for leaders, managers and supervisors
- develop internal coaching expertise for our clients
- use of coaching and knowledge of organizational development about how to build a high level of knowledge in the field of personal and professional improvement.
For all the additional information contact us via phone +381 11 3423 980, or e-mail email@example.com.